"The only stumbling block is fear of failure.
In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child

Friday, March 18, 2011

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Made these lovely cookies and gave out to my colleagues on my last day at work. How could anyone say no to chocolate chip cookies? This is a cookie which everyone is familiar with.

I was glad that I decided to make cookies instead of cupcakes as it was more convenient to bring to work, simply because the cookies are lighter in weight and easily wrapped up in cute little bags. Yup, each of my colleague received a personal gift. I could have done it easier by going around and offering them in a big container.... but this is not my style.



Naturally, I turned to My Kitchen Snippet as I did not have the time to try-it-out-if-it-works. I needed a one-time successful recipe, so that I could cool down the cookies and wrap it all up in just one night! My aim was to give out freshly baked cookies.

Of course it was a success. The expressions from the faces of my colleagues were priceless.



Recipe adapted from My Kitchen Snippet


Ingredients

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cup of sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (I used walnuts)


1) Preheat oven to 325F / 165C.

2) Cream butter and sugar until well combined and creamy. Add in eggs one at a time.

3) Stir in vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl.

4) Add in the flour into the butter mixture and then nuts and chocolate chips.

5) Drop a spoonful of dough into a greased baking pan and bake the cookies for 15 - 18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.















No comments:

Post a Comment