"The only stumbling block is fear of failure.
In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

CHICKEN MEATBALLS

This is a wonderful alternative to beefballs or porkballs, not too meaty nor heavy. With carrots and waterchestnuts to give a natural sweet and crunch - sheer delight and lotsa yum!




I chose to bake the meatballs instead of deep fry. It is definitely a healthier choice and taste as good. The original recipe comes with the sweet and sour sauce which I have omitted here. For the full recipe, swing over to My Kitchen Snippets.



Ingredients for meatballs
adapted from My Kitchen Snippets


1 pound of ground meat (can be pork, chicken or beef)
1 carrot – finely grated
6 water chestnuts - finely cubes
2 spring onions – finely chopped
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of soy sauce
2 tbsp of cornstarch
1 egg
Salt and pepper to taste (I use 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper)


1. Put all the above ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well and let it marinate for an hour.
2. Form it into little balls . At this stage you can either deep fry the meatballs or bake it in a 400 degree F oven until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Hi welcome to the blogging world. Glad that you tried out some of my recipes. The baked meatballs are definitely so much healthier than the fried one. We like to it this way too but with the leftovers I will cook it with sweet and sour sauce the next day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. I have tried some of your recipes and it always turned out well, this means alot to a newbie here. My new playground is the kitchen now!
    Am happy that you drop by :))

    ReplyDelete