"The only stumbling block is fear of failure.
In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child

Sunday, August 15, 2010

ALMOND CHERRY FINANCIERS

Cherries -my all time favourite and I usually eat them fresh. Lately, cherries are in abundance everywhere and I have the luxury of buying extra for baking. I tried them on my stone fruit tea cake and it was mad deliciuos. So, I went on searching for recipes with cherries.

When I saw this financier recipe from Sarah-Jane of SiliconeMoulds.com I was so excited and baked it the next day. Each dainty cutesie cake with a big fat juicy cherry in the middle - simply divine. Sarah-Jane was right on this!



Ingredients
adapted from SiliconeMoulds.com
70g ground almonds
105g icing sugar
35g flour
92g of salted butter
92g of egg whites (3 eggs)
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract

Preheat fan oven to 200deg C.
Brown the butter to a nut brown.
Sift the dry ingredients together and mix in the egg whites and vanilla. I used an electric hand held mixer. Add the hot butter, mixing in quickly.
Pour as quickly as you can into your moulds and then pop in your sweet cherry, with stalk attached.
Cook in the oven for 10 mins, then turn down the heat to 180deg C. Bake for a further 15 mins or until golden brown. Test with a skewer. If it comes out clean means the cake is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment