"The only stumbling block is fear of failure.
In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SEAFOOD TARTS

I am so glad I made these tarts for Christmas. I found this wonderful recipe from Gertrude of My Kitchen Snippet - one of my favourite blogs. I am sure you have one or two blogs on top of your list which you go to faithfully simply because you have found a connection to it. It can be a common interest in tastebud, ingredients, measurement, etc. I have tried quite a few recipes by Gertrude, and it always, yes always turns out successfully. I found my 'connection'.




I managed to snap this before the tarts were gone. Aren't they a pretty thing to look at?

I took the easy way out to make the tarts. I used store bought shortcrust pastry which came in prepared sheets. All I did was to cut it out and place in mini tart pans. As for the seafood fillings, no worries at all because it was so easy to make.

However, if you prefer to make the pastry yourself, hop over to My Kitchen Snippet for the recipe.



Here's the recipe for the seafood fillings, adapted from My Kitchen Snippet


2 cup of cooked shrimp – roughly chopped
1/2 cup of artificial crabstick – roughly chopped
1 stalk of celery – cut into tiny cubes
3 spring onions - finely chopped
1 egg
1/2 cup of low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup of light mayonnaise
1 tsp of chili powder
1/2 tsp of sugar
2 tbsp of lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste


1. In a mixing bowl mix all the filling ingredients together until well combined. Set it aside.


2. Roll about the dough to about 1/8” and line the pastry into little tart moulds.


3. Fill it up with the filling and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F for half an hour or until the crust is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.




No comments:

Post a Comment