"The only stumbling block is fear of failure.
In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child

Thursday, April 7, 2011

OATMEAL COOKIES

I dig oatmeal cookies big time! It is my favorite on-the-go breakfast before I hit the gym in the morning. I will make sure I have enough stocks in the pantry all the time... but this time round, I decided to make it my own. Wholesome homemade cookies, all natural and free from preservatives. C'mon and get it, baby!




Recipes adapted from Her World Cookbook Vol. 53


Ingredients

200g plain flour
1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 level tsp salt
200g soft brown sugar
200g softened butter
100ml milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
250g rolled oats


1. Sift the flour, soda and salt together.

2. Cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy, gradually adding the milk until it is incorporated into the mixture.

3. Add the vanilla, oats and sifted flour. Roll cookie dough into 1cm balls and place them well apart on lightly greased baking trays. (I just used greaseproof paper to line the trays)

4. Using the base of a glass dipped in water, flatten the cookies until they are quite thin. (Alternatively, you may use a fork dipped in water to flatten the cookies)

5. Bake in an oven preheated to 190C for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment