"The only stumbling block is fear of failure.
In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DUTCH APPLE CAKE


This is the easiest cake I have made so far. All you need is a fork and mix all ingredients together in a big bowl. How easy is that!

This cake is moist and loaded with apple goodness. The cake texture tastes like gingerbread - that's what I thought! However, I am not going to stop at this one but will try out different recipes.


Ingredients
adapted from recipe4living

4 C. apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I cut into small chunks instead)
2 C. flour
2 C. sugar (I used 1 C. caster sugar and 1/2 C brown sugar - I ran out of caster sugar!)
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. oil
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. chopped nuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, break eggs over apples. Mix with fork and add sugar and dry ingredients. Add oil, vanilla and nuts. Fold gently until blended.
Spoon into a 13x9-inch greased and floured baking pan. (I used a round cake pan instead)
Bake for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment